Premier practice comprised of Toronto's premier litigators
Lenczner Slaght was recognized as a top litigation firm and widely considered leading for class action defence, as well as corporate litigation, securities matters, professional negligence and product liability.
- Peter Griffin was regarded as ‘one of the best litigators in the country' and impresses as a ‘super smart lawyer and a wonderful individual'.
- Ronald G. Slaght, QC leads the firm's representation of Allen-Vanguard in its C$650m claim brought against the offeree shareholders of Med-Eng Systems alleging breaches of representation.
- Alan Lenczner, QC is widely recognized as a ‘seasoned litigator with excellent judgment' and is defending former CEO and Chair of Manulife Financial, as part of a C$1.4bn class action brought against Manulife alleging negligent misrepresentations
- Tom Curry is highly recommended and widely recognized as a leading trial and appellate lawyer with a long history of success in high-profile commercial litigation.
- Marguerite Ethier recommended for cases in the life sciences and biotech sector.
Labour and Employment
- Matthew Sammon was noted as representing Mackie Research Capital and Mackie Research Financial in an action against the former executive chairman and employees of its Calgary office, following their resignation from the company without notice and consequent employment with a competitor.
"Recognition of our firm's expertise in these areas of practice validates our concentration on developing and expanding our expertise as trial lawyers who solve disputes when that is the best result for the client," said Peter Griffin, Managing Partner. "Given their extensive trial experience, when a case needs to be tried in order to achieve the best result for the client, our lawyers are uniquely positioned to attain that result in a courtroom."
About The Legal 500
Based on industry surveys and interviews the Legal 500 Series: Canada conducts research in 21 practice areas to identify leading law firms and lawyers worldwide.